Friday, August 7, 2009

SPCC color combo challenge #9



I was doing a bit of blog hopping the other day, and I came across this fun blog called Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combos: http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com/. The head "diva," Samantha, has put together some awesome color combo challenges and invites people to use either Stampin' Up colors or similar colors to complete their projects - cards, layouts, altered items, etc. I am seriously deficient in combining colors, so this blog is perfect for me. I'm one of those people who just doesn't see it unless it is already combined in a patterned paper or something like that. This week's colors are just beautiful...some of my favorite colors, actually!

I chose to create a first birthday card because these colors said "Princess" to me, but then they said "cupcake," so I did a cupcake card for a little birthday princess complete with sparkly paper. The only SU products on this card are the ink, stamp, and tag punches. (I am pretty new to SU, so I don't have enough resources yet to do the full color combos using SU products...someday...a girl can dream, right?) The cupcake and #1 candle are Quickutz.

11 comments:

  1. I love your cupcake and the way you used the colors. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card - love how you have used the 1 as a candle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuute cupcake card! Love the how you attached the tag with the ribbon! Great way to use the colors! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute card, the little cupcake looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I really like that the candle is a #1, what a fabulous idea.

    Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

    Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dimension, and the die cut! Definately a princess card!
    Glad you found us! Please come back and visit again at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Glad you played along with us this week. Be sure to keep checking back (and playing) each Monday for new color combos...Diva Sam comes up with some really great combos.

    Heidi SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. this came out so cute! I love the shimmer of the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cupcakes and I love this card.

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card!!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator
    http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! That cut out cupcake is adorable! The "and many more" sentiment is so wonderful. I just love that on a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete