Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SPCC color combo challenge #10




Well, I had so much fun with last week's color challenge at the SPCC blog that I decided to try again (plus, this week's prize is AWESOME!!!). Anyway, this combo was way harder for me for a couple of reasons - 1) I don't own any pale plum...or anything that close to it, really, and 2) I don't have any patterned paper or inks or stamps that could be used to really pull the look together. So, I found this polka dot paper in my stash that sort of matched a few of the colors, except it had red dots instead of orange dots. I wanted to figure out a way to cover up those red dots with some Pumpkin Pie orange, but I opened a box and remembered these fun felt flowers...which just happened to be the perfect orange color! Voila! Problem solved. The patterned paper and flowers are Hobby Lobby's brand, the letters are Quickutz, and the stitching templates are Bazzill In Stitch'z.

Hopefully, I will get to keep playing along every week, but it's back to my day job this week as school starts on Thursday. Maybe one project a week wouldn't be too hard to get accomplished.
Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the rest of the wonderful projects at http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com/.

13 comments:

  1. Love this bright and happy card! Great job! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along! I love the way that you used the flowers - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on this color combo!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitching!! The flowers were a great idea!!!
    Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun card! i really like the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I just say, WOWZERS! That's a super fun card! Perfect for these FUN colors! Darling work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love the stitching and great idea with the felt flowers. Thanks for playing along at SPCC!

    Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love how the flowers POP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an adorable card! love the design & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card!! I love the stitching and the way you covered up the red polka dots with flowers! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a really lovely card, the stitching looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stitching and the flowers are fab!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator
    http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete